The Bible school publishers have released their new VBS curriculum and we'd like to give you a little glimpse into each one.
How Sky VBS Works
This page will help you learn all about Sky VBS and the kind of life-changing program kids will experience! You will be able to find everything you need to know about this sky-themed vacation Bible school!
At Sky VBS, kids rotate through seven stations each day with their Flight Crew. Each small group consists of 5 elementary-age children led by an adult or teenage Crew Leader. The daily Bible Point is reinforced in creative ways at each station throughout Sky VBS, ensuring that each child is truly understanding the message.
- Up & Away Sing & Play:
Everyone opens their time together, as they sing a fun mix of classic worship songs and brand-new praise songs, arranged to appeal to both older kids and younger kids. At least one song each day specifically ties to that day's Bible Point.
- Wild Blue Bible Adventures:
Kids experience the daily Bible story in a surprising hands-on way and then join in thought provoking discussions with their Flight Crews to connect their unforgettable Bible discoveries to real life.
- All-Star Games:
Kids play games that connect with the daily Bible Point plus give kids a deeper understanding of their Operation Kid-to-Kid mission project.
- Sky High Movie & Missions (featuring all-new animated adventures with Chadder Chipmunk!):
In each day's exciting cliffhanger video segment, Chadder Chipmunk explores the daily Bible Point. Then kids dive into the Bible to explore the day's Bible verse and do captivating activities to help them apply what they've learned to their daily lives.Kids receive their Bible Memory Buddies to help them remember each day's key Bible verse. This is also the spot where kids dig into Operation Kid-to-Kid - a world-changing mission project everyone will be buzzing about!
- Imagination Station:
Kids launch, fly, dip, and discover as they use Sciency-Fun Gizmos to discover the Bible Point in crazy ways!
- Skydive Diner:
Each day at Sky VBS, one group of Crews skips All-Star Games to make the snacks for everyone at VBS. Snack preparation provides kids with a unique opportunity to show Jesus' love by serving others. All the Crews come together at the Skydive Diner to eat yummy snacks that connect with that day's Bible verse. During snack time, Crew Leaders guide their Crews in doing one of the iOpener activities.
- Fly Away Finale:
Surprising experiences, high-energy Up & Away Sing & Play songs, and the you're-on-the-big-screen Spotlight VBS slide presentations help cement the incredible Bible truths kids have learned throughout the day. Plus, a daily report on how many mosquito nets kids will be sending to Mali for Operation Kid-to-Kid!
Sky VBS Bible Points You'll reinforce Bible learning in a big way because the daily Bible Point is carefully integrated into each activity. That's why each day is so important to the overall learning experience.
- Day 1
- Bible Point: No matter who you aretrust God!
- Bible Story:A Roman officer has faith in Jesus. (Matthew 8:5-13)
- Key Verse: "People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 7)
- Day 2
- Bible Point: No matter how you feeltrust God!
- Bible Story: Jesus brings Lazarus back to life.
- Key Verse:"Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God..." (John 14:1)
- Day 3
- Bible Point: No matter what people dotrust God!
- Bible Story: Jesus is arrested and put on trial. (Matthew 26:36-27:31)
- Key Verse:"But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles." (Isaiah 40:31).
- Day 4
- Bible Point: No matter what happenstrust God!
- Bible Story: Jesus dies and comes back to life.
- Key Verse: "And I am convinced that nothing can separate us from God's love." (Romans 8:38)
- Day 5
- Bible Point: No matter where you aretrust God!.
- Bible Story: Jesus makes a beachside breakfast for his friends. (John 21:1-14)
- Key Verse:"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)
BABYLON VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
Daniel was way
more than the guy who survived a den of hungry lions!Travel back to Babylon and Join Daniel
- torn from his home and forced into the king's service. Imagine the pressure
of learning a new language and cultureand the shock
of discovering your best friends have been tossed into a fiery furnace
. Explore exotic sights and smells in a Babylonian bazaar!
Kids and adults will find that they're not much different from Daniel and his friends, who kept their faith in a faithless culture.
With amazing music, Bible-times crafts, and Daniel as your Bible teacher, each moment of Babylon vacation Bible school focuses on what matters most: immersing families in God's love. Kids and adults leave the city of Babylon knowing that God is with them
- when things change
- when they need help
- when they're afraid
- when they're lonely
- and when they're thankful!
Babylon vacation Bible school teaches kids and adults to love God and his Word. You'll see families turn to God and grow stronger in their faith as they open their hearts to God's powerful love. Kids will be inspired to courageously share their faith with others.
Come Join us for Adventures on Promise Island-where kids discover God’s lifesaving love! Amid the swaying palm trees, exotic wildlife, and welcoming sunshine, kids will learn that God promises:
- I am with you
- I care about you
- I give you what you need
- I will save you
- I will answer you
God's Promises never change, but your life definitely will! So kick off those sandals, sit back in the sand and feel the warm, gentle breeze as your kids learn about the Promises of God!
- Day 1
- Daily Theme: Promises for the journey
- Bible Story: Adam and Eve Leave the Garden (Genesis 2:8-17; 3:1-15, 22-24)
- Key Point: God promises to save us from sin
- Memory Verse: Forgive us our sins Luke 11:4a
- Connector: Tent
- Day 2
- Daily Theme: Provisions for thejourney
- Bible Story: God Provides manna and water (Exodus 16:1-17;7)
- Key Point: God Provides all we need
- Memory Verse: Give us this day our daily bread Matthew 6:11
- Connector: Camel
- Day 3
- Daily Theme: Strength for the journey
- Bible Story: Jesus is Tempted (Matthew 4:1-11)
- Key Point: God gives us strength to resist temptation
- Memory Verse: Lead us not into temptations Luke 11:4b
- Connector: Sandal
- Day 4
- Daily Theme: Hope for the Journey
- Bible Story: Jesus Dies and Rises (Matthew 27:27-54, 28:1-10)
- Key Point: God's Son Rescues us
- Memory Verse: Deliver us from evil. Matthew 6:13
- Connector: Cross
- Day 5
- Daily Theme: Joy for the Journey
- Bible Story: A Heavenly multitude (Revelations 2:10; 7:9-17)
- Key Point: God's Son leads us home to Heaven
- Memory Verse: Your Kingdom come. Matthew 6:10
- Connector: Crown
Welcome to Big Jungle Adventure!
Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime? Begin your faith journey with a dramatic rescue and finish with eternal glory. Five Bible stories focus on Jesus' work for His beloved children.
- Day 1
- Daily Challenge: Peace
- Bible Story:Peace, Be Still Mark 4:35-41
- Lesson: Jesus gives us peace, no matter what problems we face.
- Memory Verse: God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
- Day 2
- Daily Challenge: Riches
- Bible Story:Miraculous Meal Mark 6:30-44; John 6:1-14
- Lesson:Jesus knows what we need and will provide what's best for us.
- Memory Verse: My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
- Day 3
- Daily Challenge: Power
- Bible Story: It Is Written Matthew 4:1-11
- Lesson: Jesus shows us how to depend on God's powerful Word when we are tempted to sin.
- Memory Verse: God is faithful; he will not
let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out. 1 Corinthians 10:13
- Day 4
- Daily Challenge: Love
- Bible Story: The Good Shepherd Mark 15:1 16:20; John 10:1-18
- Lesson: Jesus loves us so much that He died and rose again so that we can become members of God's family.
- Memory Verse: This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. 1 John 3:16
- Day 5
- Daily Challenge: Hope
- Bible Story: Praise in Prison Acts 16:16-40
- Lesson: Jesus is with us, so we can be fearless about our future.
- Memory Verse: "We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. Psalm 33:20-21
From the African talking drum to the smart-phone, people like to stay connected with friends and family. With this program, kids will connect with God and community in a Bible-based, social networking progression from image to profile to update to friends, ultimately sending a message about faith in Jesus Christ.
Through Scripture, music, tech-speech, movement, crafts, app daps, video, skits, and games, kids will grow in positive self-image and self-worth through Jesus Christ. They will experience Christian community face-to-face and with technology. Kids will discover a Black Tech connection while finding that Jesus is their BFF (best friend forever)!
- Day 1
- Daily Theme: LOOKING GOOD!
- Key Verse:"Created in God's image, we can look good, do good, and be good." -Genesis 1:26-31, The Message
- Bible Story: (Genesis 1:26-31) - Created in the image of God, we can look good, be good, and do good.
- Day 2
- Daily Theme: WHAT'S YOUR PROFILE: GOD DIDN'T MAKE NO JUNK!
- Key Verse:"Wonderfully and marvelously made, I am God's glorious child." -Psalm 8, The Message
- Bible Story: (Psalm 8) - Wonderfully and marvelously made, I am God's glorious child.
- Day 3
- Daily Theme: WHAT'S YOUR UPDATE?
- Key Verse:"Jesus was up-to-date on the Samaritan woman and he knows you, too!" -John 4:7-41, selected verses, The Message
- Bible Story: (John 4:7-41, selected verses) - Jesus was up-to-date on the Samaritan woman.
- Day 4
- Daily Theme: BEST FRIENDS FOREVER
- Key Verse: "Jesus was up-to-date on the Samaritan woman and he knows you, too!" -John 4:7-41, selected verses, The Message
- Bible Story: (Luke 5:17-26) - Friends bring a man who is paralyzed to Jesus, a friend who always forgives.
- Day 5
- Daily Theme: SEND A MESSAGE: JESUS IS ALIVE!
- Key Verse: "Luke writes to his friends about Jesus." -Luke 1:1-4 and Acts 1:1-3, The Message
- Bible Story: (Luke 1:1-4 and Acts 1:1-3) - Luke writes to his friends about Jesus.
What is Weekend VBS?
If you don't do VBS today or if the traditional 5-day VBS just isn't working for your church...let Group's Weekend VBS™ go to work for you!
Easy Weekend Format
Just two 2-hour sessions and one Sunday Celebration. You choose the time and days--whatever works best for your church.
Just One Point
Every session of Group's Weekend VBS focuses on the same simple, powerful Point: Shine God's Light!
Projects With a Purpose®
No crafts? Rocky Point Lighthouse has something even better! Kids put God's love into action by making special gifts for others in their church, community, and the world.
Kids of all ages join Crews with a teenage or adult leader for each day's adventures. It really works, and discipline problems practically disappear.
This morning service for the whole congregation is designed to let the kids shine, as they share what they've learned at VBS. And since no practice is necessary, your job just got even easier!
Preschoolers join the other kids for the
opening and closing and enjoy their
own Bible-learning activities in between.
At Rocky Point Lighthouse, kids learn one important Bible Point, which is reinforced through Bible adventures, a key Bible verse, songs, and hands-on activities. Your VBS kids will also learn about two amazing Bible stories!
Bible Story #1: Jesus heals a blind man. (John 9:1-41)
Bible Story #2: Jesus dies and comes back to life.
KEY BIBLE VERSE
"The Lord lights up my darkness." (2 Samuel 22:29)
Shine God's light!